The Monthly Magazine - September 2021 Issue
This issue features:
- Retreat from Kabul By William Maley.
- Roll out the pork barrels By Richard Denniss.
- The pandemic and the shrinking of Australian politics By Waleed Aly.
- Dismembering government By John Quiggin.
- Sister acts By Jock Serong.
- A shock of renewal: ‘Hilma af Klint: The Secret Paintings’ By Quentin Sprague.
- Desire’s conspiracies: ‘The Right to Sex’ By Bri Lee.
- The meanings of production: ‘Beautiful World, Where Are You’ By Madeleine Gray.
- True to form: ‘No Sudden Move’ By Shane Danielsen.
The Monthly launched in 2005. It is Australia’s foremost monthly magazine on politics and culture. It publishes this country’s leading writers, and every issue drives and reflects the national conversation.
Publisher Morry Schwartz once described The Monthly as “a free spirited friend who comes to visit, full of stories, opinion, information, insight and surprise”.